YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 11 September 2016

A True Mask (2/2)

I've been trying everything I can to grow. Somehow, nothing seems to be working out.
Except me, though. I work out. A few things on my bucket list are learning to cook, getting good grades and mastering the art of Henna. No, I am not just going downhill when it comes to my grades, but I am beyond burying myself. I tried the kitchen yesterday, all I did was waste a few eggs and regret trying my luck at all. About the Henna bit, well, not Instagram worthy yet.
I decided to talk to a stranger one more (perhaps last) time and got connected to an Indian M who was all about parties, and just "chillin' wid frndz"  you know? Sarosh. He said he was glad to have talked to me and that I was "different". I don't know why, but that hurt. I find it so difficult to accept that some one could genuinely think I was unique, and almost went "Hey wait let me explain! I'm just ordinary and you don't need to compliment me to get to my Skype!" But that's just not it. I always wonder why I do things like block 300+ followers off my Instagram and why having an audience of 1K gets me paranoid! Yet I look at other teenagers and wonder how they have all these subscribers on YouTube and why I can't offer content as good as theirs.
Different, aren't we all?
Doesn't that essentially make us the same?

"I'm normal"
"Give a man a mask, and he will show you his true face."
Since I've been finding it difficult to feel homely with anyone lately, I was surprised at the number of people on Omegle who feel the same. I wonder if I ever chatted with someone I know and shared more with them anonymously than I would in real life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, go ahead x